Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nose-Eye-PPM TEST
I have developed a little test to make sure that my water is clean:

1.  Nose Test: I have found that the first thing I notice when something has gone wrong is that "the smell" comes back.  When you open the tank, the best smell is nothing.  If you pass this test, then check 1/3 off the list.

2.  Eye Test: Take a look around the tank.  If there wasn't any off odor, then there probably won't be anything floating around, but it is good to still check.  If you check the scum line, under the bag, and on the surface with a flashlight without seeing anything funky, then check 2/3 off the list.  

3.  PPM Test:  Even if you pass 1 and 2, this does not mean that your H202 levels are where they need to be, and you could have seemingly clear water that is on the verge of going bad.  I have strips that read 0-100, so I try to keep my water at least above 50, usually closer to (but not above) 100.  You eventually get a feel for this.  If 1, 2, & 3 are all good, then just keep on doing what you're doing.  

If you do end up with dirty water, you will likely not be able to check 1, 2, or 3 off the list.  If it's only the H202 that dropped without 1 or 2, then you just need to address that. It's time to skim and get real aggressive with the H202 if you have biofilm floating around.  In this case, do not try to add a little H202 at a time, as you have to put a lot of it in in to really "shock" the water.  If you add a little bit at a time, you will get an initial rise that will not be enough to clean the tank and likely fall to 0-10ppm within 24 hours.  Once this happens, whatever is colonizing in your tank will continue to do so.  

Of course, there are the other steps like skimming, checking Ph and Ak, scrubbing the scum line, cleaning the filter bag, maintaining water levels, checking gravity, and wiping down the ceiling walls.  Basically it's a lot of work, but it is better to make this part of your routine than getting a dirty tank.  If you're not interested in doing these things, then I would not recommend buying a ZenFloat tent.   
(06-03-2015, 08:19 AM)MikeB Wrote: I have developed a little test to make sure that my water is clean:

1.  Nose Test: I have found that the first thing I notice when something has gone wrong is that "the smell" comes back.  When you open the tank, the best smell is nothing.  If you pass this test, then check 1/3 off the list.

2.  Eye Test: Take a look around the tank.  If there wasn't any off odor, then there probably won't be anything floating around, but it is good to still check.  If you check the scum line, under the bag, and on the surface with a flashlight without seeing anything funky, then check 2/3 off the list.  

3.  PPM Test:  Even if you pass 1 and 2, this does not mean that your H202 levels are where they need to be, and you could have seemingly clear water that is on the verge of going bad.  I have strips that read 0-100, so I try to keep my water at least above 50, usually closer to (but not above) 100.  You eventually get a feel for this.  If 1, 2, & 3 are all good, then just keep on doing what you're doing.  

If you do end up with dirty water, you will likely not be able to check 1, 2, or 3 off the list.  If it's only the H202 that dropped without 1 or 2, then you just need to address that. It's time to skim and get real aggressive with the H202 if you have biofilm floating around.  In this case, do not try to add a little H202 at a time, as you have to put a lot of it in in to really "shock" the water.  If you add a little bit at a time, you will get an initial rise that will not be enough to clean the tank and likely fall to 0-10ppm within 24 hours.  Once this happens, whatever is colonizing in your tank will continue to do so.  

Of course, there are the other steps like skimming, checking Ph and Ak, scrubbing the scum line, cleaning the filter bag, maintaining water levels, checking gravity, and wiping down the ceiling walls.  Basically it's a lot of work, but it is better to make this part of your routine than getting a dirty tank.  If you're not interested in doing these things, then I would not recommend buying a ZenFloat tent.   
Hello MikeB,

Thank you for posting this guide. It is great to see you developing a feel for your tent/water and being able to use this information to properly maintain your float tent. I will relay the guide back to the team and see if we can implement anything to our guides.

Thanks,

-Mason
nike air huarache,

nike air huarache, air max, coach outlet canada, cheap nike shoes, toms shoes outlet, air jordan shoes, bucks jersey, michael kors, hogan outlet, thomas sabo, ralph lauren, michael kors, ipad mini cases, ralph lauren online, cheap nhl jerseys, oakley vault, nike free run 5.0, burberry sale, burberry, hollisterco, asics, converse, gucci shoes store, under armour shoes outlet, cavaliers jerseys, nike outlet, air jordans, birkenstock, adidas, jordans, jordans, panthers nfl jersey, ralph lauren online shop, nike mercurial, air max, atlanta hawks jersey, hogan women shoes, bottega veneta, oakley sunglasses cheap, fidget spinner, longchamp, hollister, longchamp outlet, giuseppe shoes, vans shoes, kobe bryant shoes, hollister co, michael kors outlet, jazz jersey, lunette ray ban, nike air max 2014, fake rolex, woolrich mens jackets, cheap barbour jackets, kids hoodies, replica rolex, asics gel, cheap mlb jerseys, coach sacs, nike mercurial, air force, hogan, lunette oakley, nike, soccer shoes, rolex replica, ralph lauren polos, 49ers nfl jersey, cheap oakley sunglasses, dsquared2 outlet, jordan jerseys, red bottom shoes, golden state warriors jerseys, adidas, c.c beanies, ralph lauren uk, vans, packers nfl jersey, pandora, ray ban outlet online, falcons nfl jersey, ray ban sunglasses outlet, omega watches, north face jackets, coach outlet sale, tory burch handbags, longchamp outlet, converse shoes, juicy couture, ralph lauren polos, coach purses factory, hilfiger outlet, guciheaven women shoes, belstaff sale, michael kors handbags, barbour jackets, babyliss pro, cheap michael kors, moncler jackets outlet, oakley, timberland boots, hermes, nike roshe, toms shoes, versace shoes outlet, cheap glasses, coach outlet, barbour jackets, skechers mens shoes, marc jacobs, christian louboutin, giants nfl jersey, charlotte hornets jerseys, toms shoes, cheap nba jerseys, nike air max, coach handbags outlet, broncos nfl jersey, swarovski online, stephen curry shoes, katespade, barbour jackets, free run, ralph lauren outlet, bengals nfl jersey, bcbg max, pandora jewelry, prada sunglasses, mcm bags, converse sneakers, watches canada, omega, puma sneakers, michael kors bags, prada shoes, orlando magic jersey, kings jersey, ray ban, skechers shoes outlet, true religion outlet, timberwolves jersey, ray ban, horloges, asics shoes outlet, ralph lauren polo, oakley, burberry outlet online, new balance, prada handbags, ralph lauren factory store, lions nfl jersey, ralph lauren outlet online, levi's jeans, juicy couture outlet, longchamp, chrome hearts store, michael kors taschen, ralph lauren outlet, indoor soccer shoes, nike, new balance canada, pandora charms, northface, longchamp handbags, bcbg max azria, burberry handbags outlet, grizzlies jersey, guess outlet online, raiders nfl jersey, occhiali ray ban, hollisterco, reebok, mizuno wave, jordan, michael kors canada, air max 90, buccaneers nfl jersey, mont blanc, azcardinals nfl jersey, boston celtics, steelers nfl jersey, adidas outlet, nike air max, cheap jerseys, omega watches, the north face, mcm bags, marc jacobs, salvatore ferragamo, cheap mlb jerseys, nike, jets nfl jersey, calvin klein underwear, hugo boss clothes, givenchy handbags, fossil uhren, burberry sale, vikings nfl jersey, ray bans, mbt mens shoes, Sac Hermes, mcm handbags, designer handbags, polo ralph lauren, true religion jeans men, parajumpers mens jackets, uggs outlet, nike roche run, hollister, tn pas cher, prada, ray-ban sunglasses, hollister, armani shoes outlet, ray ban outlet, pandora schmuck, roshe runs, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max one, kevin durant jersey, kobe bryant jerseys, cheap true religion, softball bats, links of london watches, cheap jerseys, nike free run, oakley sunglasses, coach store, ferragamo shoes, burberry sale, ralph lauren outlet online, oakley vault, denver nuggets jersey, north face, versace clothes, coach outlet online, fred perry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max 2015, swarovski crystal, michael kors purses, fitflop outlet, new balance outlet, the north face outlet, knicks jersey, belstaff jackets outlet, jaguars nfl jersey, coach outlet usa, adidas canada, patriots nfl jersey, michael kors outlet, veneta, rolex watches, hermes bags, iphone 5 cases, swarovski, burberry sale, kate spade outlet online, roshe, nike air yeezy, nike outlet, michael kors bags, redskins nfl jersey, new balance, north face, katespade, cheap oakley sunglasses, cheap jordans, ralph lauren, reebok shoes outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ravens nfl jersey, pandora, oakley sunglasses outlet, dolphins nfl jersey, ray ban, ray ban, dallas mavericks jerseys, hilfiger online shop, oakley sunglasses, trail blazers jersey, philadelphia 76ers jerseys, cheap true religion, adidas online, cartier montres, coach bags, christian louboutin shoes, celine bags, browns nfl jersey, swarovski jewelry, toms shoes, burberry, nba jerseys, tommy hilfiger, ralph lauren outlet online, chi flat iron, michael kors uk, belstaff jackets, eyeglasses stores, nike.com, oakley sunglasses outlet, nike tracksuits, occhiali oakley, colts nfl jersey, cheap oakley sunglasses, north face outlet, coach factory, tory burch shoes, supra shoes, nba jersey, huarache, nike canada, giuseppe zanotti sneakers, ferragamo shoes, thomas sabo, under armour, ray ban sunglasses outlet, dwyane wade jersey, ralph lauren, salomon, converse, burberry handbags, nfl jerseys, timberland shoes, coach factory online, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren, tommy hilfiger, hollister kids, replica rolex, jack wolfskin jackets, true religion, cheap nhl jerseys, discount shoes, oakley canada, prada outlet, rockets jersey, birkenstock shoes, nba jerseys, cowboys nfl jersey, toms shoes outlet, polo ralph, nike free, vans, max shoes, clippers jersey, lacoste outlet online, raptors jersey, nike air max 2014, longchamp, michael kors outlet, lacoste outlet, michael kors, swarovski jewelry, christian louboutin shoes, tommy hilfiger, seahawks nfl jersey, chaussure timberland, aktienkurse adidas, eagles nfl jersey, philipp plein clothing, roshe run, ray ban outlet, nike air huarache, jack wolfskin outlet, thomas sabo charms, north face, true religion jeans women, chargers nfl jersey, nike, cheap oakley, uggs on sale, bills nfl jersey, jerseys from china, michael kors handbags, coach handbags, saints nfl jersey, coach store online, dansko outlet, michael kors purses, ray bans, san antonio spurs jersey, pacers jersey, gucci womens shoes, long champ, bears nfl jersey, red bottoms, fendi bags, rams nfl jersey, fred perry uk, adidas, burberry outlet, michael kors, michael kors, cheap jerseys, michael kors purses, wizards jersey, stone island outlet, toms.com, nba jersey, pandora uk, mizuno running, ray ban sonnenbrillen, hermes birkin bag, ray ban outlet, louboutin, new orleans pelicans, michael kors, swarovski canada, handbags outlet, nike air max, mcm handbags, basketball shoes, baseball bats, ecco outlet online, texans nfl jersey, supra footwear, michael kors handbags, knockoff handbags, skechers, chi hair, coach outlet online, handbags outlet, phoenix suns, five finger shoes, ray ban wayfarer, kate spade outlet online, hilfiger outlet, nike air force, burberry outlet store, nike Air Max Plaza, guess clothings outlet, oakley sunglasses outlet, timberland outlet, salvatore ferragamo, michael kors, nike roshe, air max, brooklyn nets jersey, coach factory outlet online, north face, adidas outlet, cheap ray ban, ferragamo, air max, burberry, nike huaraches, nike shoes, louboutin outlet, nike, polo ralph lauren outlet online, puma online, air jordan retro, north face backpacks, montblanc, tods outlet online, polo ralph lauren, new balance shoes, dsquared2 jeans, michael kors outlet, michael kors handbags, moncler jackets, barbour outlet online, plein outlet, coach store outlet, burberry handbags, birkenstock taschen outlet, mcm handbags outlet, chiefs nfl jersey, jimmy choo outlet, ed hardy, pandora jewelry, titans nfl jersey, tommy hilfiger