Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still having clicking issues?
Just checking in with other users to see how your clicking of the temp controller, or lack thereof is going?  Zen has given me a second float controller/gfci, because my first one was having issues.  Long story short, for a short while (a couple of weeks each) I was able to get the clicking under control.  These days both temp controllers click on and off every 2-3 seconds, no matter what the temperature setting is.

I have followed and adjusted every idea posted (keeping temp sensor near the surface, changing to odd or even temperature numbers etc etc) and still constant clicking.

What is yours doing?

Just to make it clear, I am not using both float controllers at the same time. I used one, got it under control, then tons of clicking. I switched to the new one, got it under control, then it reverted back to tons of clicking. I tried putting the old one back in, tons of clicking, etc etc etc.
Finally set mine up the other day (the old GFCI unit wasn't working so zen sent me a revised one). Unfortunately, I too am getting the clicking noise.
Yeah.... I have been given 2 temp control units as well. Both click not matter what I do.... I have tried everything. I have gotten them to work for like a week or even about a month or two. But both units have resorted to all clicking all the time.
Mine clicks but i cant hear it with earplugs
Jeremy, how often does it click is the biggest issue for me? Clicking 10 times an hour is very different that clicking 1200 times an hour (once every 3 seconds)

I can still hear mine with earplugs in while under water. So I just adjust the temperature setting to have the heating pads stay on for the duration of my float. I adjust the temperature controller up 2 degrees so the pads stay on trying to warm the water up. If I start floating at 93 degrees, the temperature at most is 94 degrees 1 - 1.5 hours later.

So the sound does not bother me while floating......the sound bothers me that it is turning on and off every three seconds. I question wether that will wear out the parts faster, or wether it uses more electricity than it should.
I would say around 20 times an hour its not very loud my power bill has been maybe 20 dollars more a month. Thats least of my issues. I have issues with white gunk in the hose and my water never seems to be clean no matter how much I clean it. I am the only one that uses the tank, I need a better filtration system i think the filter ends up being like a tea bag and pump not strong enough to move anything into the filter
Jeremy, thanks for the response, and I agree with the white gunk funk. I have spoken with Shane and Sean recently and they are aware that the white funk and the clicking noise are the last 2 major flaws they have to fix. I truly believe they are actively working on it and will have some solutions sooner than later.

20 clicks per hour is acceptable and around where mine was when it was "working" as I felt was acceptable/normal. 1200 clicks an hour is ridiculous and unacceptable.......
(05-09-2015, 09:54 PM)Jeremy Lopez Wrote: I would say around 20 times an hour its not very loud my power bill has been maybe 20 dollars more a month. Thats least of my issues. I have issues with white gunk in the hose and my water never seems to be clean no matter how much I clean it. I am the only one that uses the tank, I need a better filtration system i think the filter ends up being like a tea bag and pump not strong enough to move anything into the filter

Hello Jeremy,

I just wanted to get in touch with you and let you know that the new temperature controller unit that we will be introducing in the next few weeks will eliminate all clicking sounds. If you are interested in any of the upgraded parts feel free to email us at info@zenfloatco.com

Thanks,

-Mason
Hello Jeremy,

I just wanted to get in touch with you and let you know that the new temperature controller unit that we will be introducing in the next few weeks will eliminate all clicking sounds. If you are interested in any of the upgraded parts feel free to email us at info@zenfloatco.com

Thanks,

-Mason

----------------------------

Has anyone received the new temperature controller?  If so does it work properly?

Folks considering buying the new model tent (or upgrading a component) want to know.  Thanks for the update!

-Lance
I got the new temp controller about a month ago. The difference is night and day, I have never heard this one click even once!!!

I hated hated hated, complained complained complained and even sent back 2 controllers to Zen because they would not stop clicking.

So far, this new controller is perfect!!!