Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its been over a year, hows your water?
Question 
Hey all, it been a minute and thought I would ask how everyone who has had there tank for more than a year now, how your water is doing?
It has been about a year since I had my problems with biofilm in my tank water. I have started to notice my water being hard to keep the PH below 8, and am starting to have the biofilm forming on the hose again. I have a very strict, maintenance schedule and and never let my H202 levels get below 50ppm.
Right now I have two concerns, first is that maybe my UV bulbs need to be replace, and second is that maybe it is time to replace my water.
What are all your thoughts?
Check out my youtube channel about floating
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaHgAZclnWnxVQRYdr6he1Q
After getting info on the UV bulb life, I order some to replace them. If you have had yours for more than a year you will want to do the same, as the bulbs are rated at 8,000 hours, which if you run them 24 hours like me, that equals 333 days.
My bulbs should be here next week and I will do a youtube video on how to replace them so subscribe to my channel on youtube if your interested.
Check out my youtube channel about floating
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaHgAZclnWnxVQRYdr6he1Q
Thanks Nathen
I've heard getting black tubing helps with biofilm. I put my pump near the front of the tent with black tubing and haven't seen anymore biofilm since I did this. I've had my tank for 6 months and the water is looking good. I do have an external intex pump too.
How much for the bulbs Nathan? And where did you order it? Can't believe they wear out so quick.. Another concern to add to the maintenance hassles/costs of this tent.

Biofilm is something that will keep coming back no matter what you do. Especially in the loops that holds the hose is a nice spot for bacteria growth. I just clean the tent inside out and accept the fact that biofilm and mold will be there.. After cleaning it out and keeping the pumps running, the water clears up again more or less.

After some Googling I found that the 9W UV bulbs are below 10 dollars each.. So not really a big deal.. But indeed something to take care of on a yearly basis.
Nathan, I was thinking of posting a question along the same lines. I was wondering if anyone had replaced their water and if they thought it necessary to do this. I have had my tent a little over a year and have had no water quality problems.s as far as white biofilm  or stuff floating in the water. I have had to work a little on the PH , but I made a mistake and adjusted it too much one way or the other, I forget which way now, and it never resolved itself  till I added a lot of water after it evaporated one time. My tent is in the garage, so I purchased a separate ozone generator, with a bubbler like in aquariums, and installed it when I first set up the tent. I run this on a timer 3 hours a day and my water has been crystal clear from the beginning. They aren't meant to be used indoors. I do shock the water every once in a while with regular hydrogen peroxide when it begins to smell less fresh.

I have the original filter pump and filter system, but I think it is inconvenient and insufficient. I really wouldf like to see Zen adopt a filter system outside the tank with a replaceable filter,as many have done. This should be original equipment. I hate cleaning the filter bag and you really can't get everything out of it. The only other issue I have is getting  the small sand likes particles that I get on the bottom of the tank out. I tried a small had vacuum-like tool,but it didn't work. I have just been taking a rag and wiping them to a corner and then trying to gather them up in the rag.  
Hi Guys

I could not work out how to post a new post so I am using existing threat.... I want to buy the tent . I live in Australia and think maybe there is an Epsom Salt supplier here so I will not have to get it transported from US.
Maybe somebody can recommend which is the best here in Australia ?
Thanks
Dzoki Smile
kate spade outlet
ray bans
longchamp handbags
nike cortez classic
salvatore ferragamo shoes
bottega veneta outlet
coach outlet online
red bottom shoes for women
fitflops
louis vuitton bags
discount oakley sunglasses
longchamp uk
true religion outlet store
true religion jeans outlet
cheap nike sneakers
hejiexia20161124
Maybe somebody can recommend which is the best here in Australia ?

Goldenslot
borse gucci
nmd adidas
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors handbags
louboutin chaussures
mulberry handbags
michael kors outlet
adidas superstar
sac longchamp pas cher
nike outlet
mlb jerseys wholesale